VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
Thank you for taking an interest in volunteering for our March for Youth Mental Health event! On this page you will find further information about volunteering for this event as well as a sign up form at the bottom if you wish to do so.
Volunteer sign up will be open from 20 March 2021 to 15 March 2022. All volunteers must be available for a meeting on 1 May 2022 at city hall to go over detail for the event. At this time we are looking for 50 to 75 volunteers.
What is Required?
Volunteers must meet the following requirements in order to apply for this event:
1. Be 13 or older
2. Be available for a volunteer meeting on 1 May 2022 at city hall
3. Be able to attend event from 8:00am to 3:00pm (break will be given as needed)
4. Want to help make a difference for youth mental health
If you meet all of these, keep reading to find out more or to sign up now!
What Would I Be Doing?
Volunteers will be a very important part of this day and this day will not be able to happen without the help of our community members here in Hamilton who want to help make more of a difference. We applaud and thank you for taking such an interest in wanting to volunteer for this event.
Volunteer tasks will depend on the age of the volunteer as to ensure safety and what a volunteer will be doing throughout the day will be decided on the day of the event. Volunteers may move between many tasks throughout the day or remain with one task all day.
Below are some of the things that volunteers may be doing on the day of the event. Note that this is not a complete list and only for reference.
1. Helping set up in the morning
2. Helping take things down and clean up at the end of the event
3. Helping members of the public around the event
4. Helping members of the public during the march
5. Helping give out or selling items to raise funds for mental health at the event
6. Helping move items throughout the day
7. Helping aid in the route of the march
Volunteers would be needed on the day of the event (7 May 2022) from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Breaks and a shaded area alone with water will be provided as needed as to ensure the volunteers safety.
Every volunteer will be given a shirt on the day of the event that they will be able to keep.
Sign Up Now
If you are ready to sign up to help out with the cities first ever and first annual March for Youth Mental Health, complete the sign up form below now!
Volunteer sign up will close on 15 March 2022.